Van De Steppe products are made from natural fibres that require a special attention when washing and storing them. Socks, scarves, hats and headbands can be safely washed by hand:
- Hand wash at 15 to maximum 30°C, do not twist.
- Use a wool detergent, but there is no need to use a fabric softener.
- Dry flat and store folded.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Print shawls and scarves require a dry-cleaning.
- Unlike other materials, cashmere, camel, sheep and yak wool fibres do not need frequent washing or cleaning. These fibres come from goats, camels sheep and yaks; therefore, they are "self-cleaning" in certain ways.
- Do not use bleach.
- Never put cashmere and wool products in the dryer!